Microsoft Project 2016
Deliver winning projects : Streamline project, resource, and portfolio management with Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management (PPM). Integrated planning tools help you keep track of projects and stay organized.
Microsoft PPM helps you get started quickly and execute projects with ease. Built-in templates, familiar scheduling tools, and access across devices help project managers and teams stay productive.
- Built-in templates : Built-in, customizable templates use industry best practices to help you get started on the right path—so there’s no need to create project plans from scratch.
- Project planning : Familiar scheduling features like Gantt charts and prepopulated pulldown menus help reduce training time and simplify the project planning process.
- Out-of-the-box reports : Share reports across your organization to keep everyone on the same page. Reports include everything from burndown charts to financials; and are available across devices.
- Multiple timelines : Quickly view all project activities, from tasks to upcoming milestones. Customize timelines to represent specific data and easily share them with project stakeholders.
- Access across devices : Microsoft PPM is available on Windows, iOS®, and Android™ devices, so team members can update tasks on their device of choice and view timelines and reports on the go.
Evaluate and optimize your project portfolio to prioritize initiatives and get the results you want. Seamless integration with Power BI provides advanced analytics. Built-in reports keep everyone on the same page.
- Portfolio optimization : Microsoft PPM helps decision makers easily model different portfolio scenarios to determine the best strategic path by weighing project proposals against strategic business drivers and considering the cost and resource constraints within an organization.
- Out-of-the-box reports : Share one of the built-in reports in your organization to keep everyone on the same page. Reports include everything from burndown to financials and are available across devices.
- Seamless BI integration : Use tools like Power BI Pro and Excel to gain insights across portfolios. Native OData lets you quickly aggregate portfolio data with other LOB systems for further reporting.
- Systematically evaluate project proposals : Microsoft PPM helps your organization capture and evaluate project ideas from anywhere within the organization, through a standardized process that feeds detailed business cases and project charters to management for review.
Gain insight into how resources are used, and collaborate using integrated tools. With simplified task and time management, teams can enter updates from anywhere, offering greater executive oversight.
- Systematic resource requests : Use Resource Engagements to request and lock in resources, so your projects are always properly staffed.
- Visualized heat maps : View how resources are used with Capacity heat maps. Quickly identify overused and underused resources to optimize assignments.
- Robust resource analytics : Compare resources across standard data and forecast projected usage. Built-in reports let you monitor progress and address concerns.
- Integrated collaboration solution : Encourage collaboration with tools like Skype for Business. Teams can access Skype in project plans, so there’s no need to switch between apps.
- Intuitive, mobile task and time management : Enable bring-your-own-device strategies with mobile time and task management apps. Post updates from any device and oversee progress on the go.