Wirecast Pro 7
Wirecast 7 adds faster performance, an updated UI and powerful new production features
Wirecast 7 adds faster performance, an updated UI and powerful new production features.
Capture : Capture unlimited number of input devices from live camera feeds, iOS cameras, computer desktop, web feeds and more.
Produce : Add polish and professionalism to your broadcast with live switching, animated titles, transitions, lower thirds and more.
Stream : Use the built-in multiformat encoding capabilities and easily stream to integrated streaming services and CDNs
- More Facebook Live features for more control and visibility of your streams
- Place tagging –Use Wirecast to stream to Facebook Live and your stream will show up on the Facebook’s Live Map.
- Groups and Events – Stream live to your groups and events, as well as to the pages you manage.
- 24x7 streaming – Choose "Continuous Live” to stream an unlimited live stream on Facebook – think “EagleCam” **.
Audio Effects (Pro)
- Now add VST-based audio effects such as Noise Reduction, EQ, or Dynamics filters directly from the Wirecast Audio Mixer.
New ins and outs for better reach and increased hardware options
- Improvements to webcam ingest
- New I/O integration: Magewell (Windows)
- New destination: Hitbox
**Please note: Continuous live streaming will not generate a VOD on Facebook nor send live notifications to followers. Also, when the broadcaster ends the live video, the post will be unpublished from the timeline, which means only the broadcast owner will see it.
Faster Perfomance (Mac & Windows)
- GPU-accelerated encoding – Take advantage of powerful, cost-efficient hardware encoding capabilities for better performance. (Requires Intel QuickSync or nVidia NVENC hardware).
- Lower CPU Usage – Wirecast 7 uses less of your CPU overall than any previous version due to performance optimizations.
- Tools for monitoring – Graphic representations of System CPU usage, memory, framerate, bitrate, and RTMP Queue size help you see the strength of your stream or diagnose problems.
- Resize, position, crop, flip rotate, add color correction filters and more. Use Wirecast’s powerful graphic editing features to compose picture-in-picture shots or layer up to 250 different sources on screen at the same time!
- Displays the statistics window for your broadcast. You can select to display: Framerate, System CPU Usage, and System Memory Usage.
- Delay the video and/or audio of an incoming source to better sync. Save thousands of dollars on expensive hardware.
Global Hotkey Manager
- With our new Global Hotkey Management System, you can now create your own hotkeys for switching shots, Replay/ISO shot creation and mark-in points in Wirecast.
- Our built-in audio mixer allows for better control over any audio source. Mix-minus, panning, solo, mute and audio playout device selection are some of the powerful new audio features we’ve added.
ISO Recording (Pro only)
- Create high-resolution recordings of your individual (isolated) cameras or audio sources. Isolate clean shots (no titling or lower thirds) that can be used later for editing offline or for live replay during an event. (Note: must have valid license to use this feature; this is a Pro feature only.)
New Ways to Configure Text
- Add text to your broadcast from a variety of sources: typed in text, from a file, or from an RSS feed. Type in text and display it instantaneously. Use file-based text monitoring to read data from an external .txt file. The RSS feed feature allows you to have a running ticker built into your shots through the text widget.
- Adjust the brightness, contrast, gamma, hue and saturation for all of your video and graphic sources.
3D Animated Titles
- Create beautiful, fully animated titles and graphics with Titler Live Express (a $99 value), now FREE with purchase of Wirecast 7. Choose from over 60 professionally-designed main title and lower third templates then customize the color, font and image to fit your needs. Now it's easier than ever to bring jaw-dropping animated 3D titles to your live streams.
Updated, streamlined User Interface
- Our new streamlined User Interface (UI) enables quicker access to shot editing features and more control over every aspect of your broadcast. This includes a new Shot Editor panel, with control sliders for modifying properties, in-shot toggles for turning off and on video and audio sources; plus an all-inclusive source dropdown; playlist tabs and more.
Audio Monitor/Mix Minus
- With the new mix minus feature, you can now take out specific audio sources from your output monitoring. This lets you monitor the full stream audio output while turning off the monitoring of your own voice.
Audio Playout Device Selection
- Choose where you want Wireacast to play out its audio. Select any available system audio device in the Wirecast Preferences to route all Wirecast audio to for more precise monitoring.
Redesigned Audio Mixer
- Let’s you control every audio source within your document from the specialized audio mixer window. Mix minus, panning, source selection, muting and individual source volume controls are all now beautifully packaged in one spot for easy audio control. This minimizes the need for external hardware and keeps your stream organized.
Redesigned Screen Capture
- Replaces Local Desktop Presenter as an easy way to bring in your computer screen, or application window. Great for adding Keynote or PowerPoint slides into your broadcast.
Solid Color Generator
- Add in a solid color as a source. Great for use as a background, or in lower thirds.
Supported Operating Systems
- Wirecast 7 running on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit
- Wirecast 7 running on Mac OS X Yosemite, Mac OS X El Capitan
- *Please note: Wirecast 7 does not support OS X Mavericks or previous versions of OS X
- Requires internet connectivity with HTTP/HTTPS port 80, and RTMP port 1935 open for streaming, Remote Desktop Presenter requires opening port 7272.
- An internet connection is recommended for Wirecast 7.0 license activation.
- For lowest quality (240p) streaming an upload rate of at least 650Kbps is required.
- 720p streaming requires an upload rate of at least 2500 Kbps.
- 1080p streaming requires an upload rate of at least 4500 Kbps.
- Wirecast Cam requires iOS 8 or later.
- Consider lowering your canvas frame rate and/or streaming resolution to lower CPU usage.
- It is recommended that an upload rate of at least double the desired rate be available.
- Solid State Drive or fast RAID array recommended for ISO Recording and Replay functionality. Actual data rates will vary depending on quality level selected for ProRes (Mac OS X) or MJPEG recording (Windows), as well as the resolution and frame rate selected.
- For Mac OS X ProRes recording please refer to Apple’s ProRes data rate specifications
- Windows MJPEG Best Quality Guidelines (Megabytes per second):
- 1080i and 1080p 29.97 and 30 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~25MB/sec
- 1080p 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~50 MB/sec
- 720p 59.94 and 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~20 MB/sec
Recommended Hardware Specifications
- Intel Core i3 CPU @ 1.7 Ghz or higher recommended for 540p streaming with x264 @ 30 fps.
- Intel Core i5 CPU @ 2.5 Ghz or higher recommended for 720p streaming with x264 @ 30 fps.
- Intel Core i7 CPU @ 3.0Ghz or higher recommended for 1080p streaming with x264 @ 30fps.
- Note: 60 FPS streaming will result in increased CPU usage and a high bit rate (4Mbps or higher) for good quality.
- Intel HD, NVIDIA GeForce, or AMD Radeon class graphics adapter that are both DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 capable.
- Minimum 4GB RAM, 2GB free hard disk space. Additional hard disk space required for recording to disk.
Hardware accelerated encoding requirements
- Intel Quick Sync Video encoding requires an Intel CPU with an Intel® QuickSync Video core.
- NVIDIA NVENC encoding requires an nvidia GPU with Kepler architecture or newer.
- Apple Hardware Accelerated H.264 encoding requires a Mac with an integrated Intel GPU.